Meet our coaching team.
As an 18 year old graduate, I had little hope for a future in baseball. After working out for 25 different schools, I was told that there was no opportunity for me to play at the next level. Finally one school said yes. Eventually, God turned that experience into a pro career. God allowed that struggle in my life so that I could relate to players who are going through the same uncertainty in their career.
- Baseball Director at Inspiration Academy (IA) since 2014
- Hitting Consultant for Professional players from 14 different MLB teams
- Clients include a National League Rookie of the Year, World Baseball Classic MVP award winner and two first round picks in the MLB Draft
- Led Inspiration Academy to two State Championship in 2018-2019
- General Manager and Director of Hitting at Bardo’s Diamond Sports in Parker, Colorado
- Coached at IMG Baseball Academy from 2001-2011
- Played professionally in the Continental League
- Assistant coach and Recruiting coordinator at Palm Beach Atlantic University under Baseball Hall-of-Famer Gary Carter
It is the goal of Coach Jimmy to provide student athletes with the opportunity to experience success in a variety of situations, both individual and team, on and off the field of play. He will consistently challenge the athletes to reach their full potential, encourage to develop emotional maturity within them, and will present each of them with the opportunity to learn how to deal with success and failure. Coach Jimmy believes everyone involved with team must exemplify the following traits: Commitment, Integrity, Honesty & Loyalty.
Coach Jimmy has invested a lifetime in coaching youth athletes. His experience spans from football and baseball to softball. Within each of these athletic specialties, he has counted endless hours dedicated to the foundational training in novice athletes as well as elite training and situational awareness in the more experienced and talented athletes in both travel associations and high school level.
Coach Jimmy’s spare time is spent outside, and most always with his family. His wife, Shayne, and his children, Brandon, Brooke, Carsyn and Trey, are the highlight of his life.
Varsity Head Coach
It is a long-standing philosophy for Coach Elliot that youth athletes will reap the rewards of their own hard work. Not only will players learn the physical skills of softball, they will have the opportunity to learn other life-long skills such as: self-confidence, self-discipline, self-motivation, goal-setting, teamwork, cooperation, sportsmanship, and leadership. At the end of the day, Coach Elliot is a loyal fan, a motivator, a role model and a firm and fair disciplinarian. If you have the opportunity to play on a team coached by Coach Elliot, you know his approach is clear: 1. TEAM Comes First 2. Play and Live with DISCIPLINE 3. Choose Your ATTITUDE 4. Maximize Your EFFORT.
Coach Elliot has an eclectic background in coaching youth athletes. He has represented travel leagues and various elite teams as the head coach. Coach Elliot prides himself on his loyal dedication to his athletes.
During his rare personal time, Coach Elliot enjoys leisure with his wife, Liza, and daughter, Jade, traveling and enjoying the Florida sunshine.
Varsity Assistant Coach
Coach Manny is a Florida native with a passion for sports and athletics. Coach Manny has played with the area’s premier men’s softball teams and local recreational leagues. He enjoys the ability to pass on knowledge of the sport to youth athletes and increase their ability and maximize their competency to the highest level.
Away from the field, Coach Manny, his wife, Sandy, and their two children, Leilani and Jaden, spend most of their days enjoying outdoor activities and at the softball and lacrosse fields as parent spectators.
JV Head Coach
Coach Bruce believes that players are young ladies and daughters and believers first, students second, and athletes third. He recognizes and supports obligations to family, school, and softball. Through his supportive and servant leadership, his youth athletes will learn about commitment and balancing many obligations. With his positive, supportive, enthusiastic and motivating approach, Coach Bruce is able to help youth athletes play to their full potential. Coach Bruce expects his team to have a “team first” and “coachable” attitude at all times. This philosophy builds an incredible foundation for learning and builds positive character in youth athletes.
When he’s not entrenched in softball analytics and preparation, Coach Bruce spends his time enjoying his family: His wife, Christina, and two daughters, Kendal and McKenna.
I came to IA because it combines two things that I am very passionate about, strength training and leading others toward Jesus. I came to faith in college where I got involved with Athletes in Action, a sports ministry. My wife Natalie and I were heavily involved in the AIA ministry though out our time at Hendrix and then we joined part time field staff for AIA for 2 years at Arkansas Tech.
- Bachelors degree in Kinesiology and Education from Hendrix College
- Masters in Science in Strength and Conditioning from Arkansas Tech University
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) by the National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Certified by United States Weightlifting Level 1 (USAW)
- NCSA Strength of America Award 2020-2023
- At Arkansas Tech University he served as the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach for the baseball, cheer, and dance teams from 2016 to 2018, assisted with football, men’s basketball, women’s basketball, women’s volleyball, and golf.
It Takes The Whole Team!
The IA’s Softball Acadamy works in partnership with IA’s Baseball Academy to enhance your athlete’s position-specific training. Click on the link below for more coach bios.
Photo Credits: Billy D Photography & Christina Cassidy