Meet our coaching team.
As an 18 year old graduate, I had little hope for a future in baseball. After working out for 25 different schools, I was told that there was no opportunity for me to play at the next level. Finally one school said yes. Eventually, God turned that experience into a pro career. God allowed that struggle in my life so that I could relate to players who are going through the same uncertainty in their career.
- Baseball Director at Inspiration Academy (IA) since 2014
- Hitting Consultant for Professional players from 14 different MLB teams
- Clients include a National League Rookie of the Year, World Baseball Classic MVP award winner and two first round picks in the MLB Draft
- Led Inspiration Academy to two State Championship in 2018-2019
- General Manager and Director of Hitting at Bardo’s Diamond Sports in Parker, Colorado
- Coached at IMG Baseball Academy from 2001-2011
- Played professionally in the Continental League
- Assistant coach and Recruiting coordinator at Palm Beach Atlantic University under Baseball Hall-of-Famer Gary Carter
I came to IA because it combines two things that I am very passionate about, strength training and leading others toward Jesus. I came to faith in college where I got involved with Athletes in Action, a sports ministry. My wife Natalie and I were heavily involved in the AIA ministry though out our time at Hendrix and then we joined part time field staff for AIA for 2 years at Arkansas Tech.
- Bachelors degree in Kinesiology and Education from Hendrix College
- Masters in Science in Strength and Conditioning from Arkansas Tech University
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) by the National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Certified by United States Weightlifting Level 1 (USAW)
- NCSA Strength of America Award 2020-2023
- At Arkansas Tech University he served as the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach for the baseball, cheer, and dance teams from 2016 to 2018, assisted with football, men’s basketball, women’s basketball, women’s volleyball, and golf.
I have been part of this ministry for the last 4 years, and I truly love what The Lord is doing here. Our staff spends their lives serving God and trying to fulfill the great commission. IA is an incredible place, and I can’t wait for my daughters to join me on campus.
- Drafted in the 16th round by the Montreal Expos in the 1993 Major League Amateur Draft
- Signed after a successful season at Miami-Dade South Community College
- Spent 10 years of his 13 year career in the Expos organization
- On June 19, 2001 he made his Major League debut with the Expos at Shea Stadium against the New York Mets
- Coached with in the Baltimore Orioles organization for 6 years
- Major Leaguers he has coached include Zach Britton, Eduardo Rodriguez, Jake Arrieta, Zach Davies, and Dylan Bundy
- Pitching Coordinator at Inspiration Academy from 2014-present
I think God every day for the doors he has opened and closed in my life, leading me to where I am today. Through him, IA has open their doors to me, and I feel very blessed to be a part of a staff and organization serving others. I am excited to be able to walk alongside the young men and women here, on their journey in faith and success, as they become a positive impact and member of society.
- Shortstop at Georgia Southern University and appeared in the 1990 College World Series.
- Drafted in the ninth round by the Chicago cubs.
- Play 12 seasons of professional baseball with the Cubs, Rockies, Diamondbacks, Pirates, and Braves, including major-league time with the Colorado Rockies in 1999.
- Head of baseball operations at Champion sports complex in Orlando Florida.
- Owned and operated launchpad indoor baseball training facility in Orlando Florida.
- Minor league hitting coach for the Pittsburgh pirates.
- 108 hitting certified
- Rapsodo hitting certified
- On base U hitting certified
- Coaching baseball and softball players and coaches for over 20 years in all aspects of the game including fundamentals, mechanics, movement pattern analysis, skill acquisition, and mental conditioning.
After spending 4 years coaching at the collegiate level, the previous 3 at the NCAA D2 level, the Lord stirred in my heart to pursue opportunities to intertwine my passion for ministry and baseball. In the summer of 2021, I started at Inspiration Academy where I can coach, disciple, and openly share my faith with all those I have the privilege of coaching. After playing 4 years at a Christ-centered University and playing two years of professional independent baseball, the Lord put on my heart a passion for coaching the next generation of baseball players, not only in baseball but in life. I have the privilege to go to work every day in an environment that not only pursues player development at a high level but also produces followers of Christ.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science and minor in Bible from Cedarville University (2016)
- Master’s Degree in Sport and Exercise Psychology from Springfield College (2019)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Certified Mental Performance Mastery (MPM) coach
- Certified SAVAGE pitching coach (Florida Baseball Armory)
- Spent three seasons at recruiting coordinator and pitch coach at American International College (NCAA D2) (2018-2020)
- Spent one season as pitching coach at Westfield State University (NCAA D3) (2017-2018)
- Pitched two seasons of independent professional baseball
- Garrett is in his first year at Inspiration Academy
I’ve had the pleasure of being a part of the Inspiration Academy Baseball program since the 2019. I moved to Florida from Ohio where I coached collegiately for 5 years. At Inspiration Academy, I have found a great opportunity to pursue my faith while coaching and mentoring the next generation of athletes.
- BFA Degree in Graphic Design from Ohio Northern University
- Played one year at University of Cincinnati Clermont and three years at Ohio Northern University
- Coached two years at Ada High School in Ada, OH
- Assistant Coach at Ohio State University-Lima for four years
- Assistant Coach at Ohio Northern Universtiy for one year where he helped lead them to back-to-back Ohio Athletic Conference Tournament apparences
- Jerry is in his third year as the Post Grad Pitching Coach
I grew up in North Carolina and went to college in Tennessee. After graduating from college, I knew I wanted to continue to work in baseball and IA has given me that opportunity. While I love being able to help players develop as athletes, I appreciate the way IA allows me to help players grow in their faith as well.
- Middle Infielder at Freed Hardeman University and appeared in the 2018 and 2019 NAIA world Series
- 3 time Academic All-Conference
- 2021 Mid-South Conference Champion of Character Award winner
- SABR Analytics Certified
- Dalton is in his first year at Inspiration Academy
I grew up in Yorktown, Virginia. I come from a family of five. In 2019, I moved to Florida to be apart of IA because it allowed me to continue to grow in coaching the sport I love and also allows me to grow in my faith.
- Bachelor Degree in Sport Management from Eastern Michigan University
- Coached High School baseball at his alma mater, Grafton High School.
- Student Assistant at Eastern Michigan University
- Assistant Coach at Concordia University Ann Arbor as the hitting and catching Coach.
- Won the 2019 NCCAA World Series
- Collin is in his third year at Inspiration Academy
My love and passion for the game of baseball drove me into the coaching. After linking up with former teammate Mario Jimenez, my journey to find the perfect baseball swing was started. While I use my knowledge and passion for the mechanics of the baseball swing to connect with players, my love is to see them grow not only on the field, but off the field as men and in faith as well.
- Hitting instructor for professional players from 12 different MLB organizations
- Director of Hitting at Inspiration Academy
- Field Coordinator at Inspiration Academy
- Varstiy Head Coach at Inspiration Academy
- Curt has been at Inspiration from 2013-2017 and returned in 2019
I am a father to 5 boys, including Mario Jimenez Jr, and 2 girls.
- Second-year Inspiration Academy Baseball Assistant Recruiting Coordinator
- Played and lettered in Baseball and Football at Bullard-Havens Technical High School in Bridgeport CT.
- Graduate of Rhema Bible Training College in Broken Arrow, OK.
- Physical Education Instructor at Living Word Ministries in West Haven CT.
- Counselor Life Challenge Ministries Amarillo TX.
I’ve been blessed to spend almost half of my life at Inspiration Academy as a student-athlete. I was then set on playing college baseball and gulf, yet God had different plans for me. I am proud to be apart of IA and continue to grow in coaching and building relationships with players.